Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Denny White resigns as the ODP chair

The changing of the guard begins:
In short, I am proud of the work we have done together. I am proud that we have strengthened the infrastructure of our Party. And I believe we are now ready to hit a homerun.

But as you know, timing, in life as in politics, is everything. And although my time with the Party has been a rewarding and wonderful experience, I have decided to resign as Ohio Democratic Party Chair.

I have spent much time arriving at this decision. This is why:

When I was elected in the spring of 2002, I vowed -- that if I decided not to run for re-election -- I would leave my post so as to give the new Chair ample time to acclimate to our organization for the upcoming statewide election year.

I feel it is the most prudent course of action for the Party and for me.

Therefore, in accordance with Chapter 1, Section 2 of the bylaws of the Ohio Democratic Party Constitution, upon my resignation effective November 30, 2005, the Vice Chair of the Party, the Honorable Rhine McLin, will assume the Party Chairship.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?